Advance Rifle Course
Currently, all classes are FULL. Check back for 2021 class dates!
Cost $300 | Duration: 1 day | Max Students: 12
Instructor: Billy Lumpkin, CWO4 SEAL ret.
It is highly recommended to have taken the Intermediate/Advance Handgun Course prior to taking the Advanced Rifle Course
We will cover everything from basic take down of your weapon, lubing maintenance, Assault Rifle and handgun safety to the Fundamentals of Shooting including Grip, Lock Up, Sight, Press, Follow Through and applying those techniques during courses of fire developed to building and applying proper technique. These are the exact Techniques being used today on the battle field by our Nations most elite Special Operations Units. We will be shooting for time and accuracy also covering presentations, Combat reloads, Check Drills, Transitioning from Primary Weapon Assault Rifle to Secondary Weapon Pistol, you’ll be working from the holster on those drills, Multiple shots, multiple shots multiple targets, learn to go back and forth from Assault Rifle to Pistol and we will be shooting steel targets as well.
We will cover and perform everything you could ever be required to do with an Assault Rifle time permitting the Handgun as well.
Gear and Equipment REQUIRED for class
- Eye and Ear Pro (wrap around eye protection and electronic ear protection is preferred)
- Assault Rifle
- Reflex Site Red Dot Aim Point, Sig Romeo style site preferably or Iron Sights
- Sling for Rifle
- 3 Magazines for Rifle
- 400 rounds of Rifle Ammo preferably ball or frangible but NO GREEN TIP Armored Piercing rounds
- 3 Magazines for Pistol
- 300 rounds of Pistol ammo
- Gun Belt or Chest Rig
- Holster (preferably a leg Holster)
- 2 Magazine Holders for Pistol Magazines on gun belt or chest rig (must have the ability to hold your pistol Magazines on your body)
- 2 Magazine Holders for Rifle Magazines on gun belt or chest rig (must have the ability to hold your rifle Magazines on your body)
Gear and Equipment RECOMMENDED for class
- Shooting Gloves
- Sun Block Bug Spray
- Sight in tool if you have one
We’ll meet in the parking lot at DoubleTap Outdoors Saturday morning at 0800 then convoy down to the range. We’ll address any gear shortfalls before we leave, sign waivers etc… then proceed. You’ll need to bring a lunch any drinks water with you. We will take a quick 30 minute lunch break at the range.
Upcoming Course Dates
No event found
Come by and see large inventory of guns,
ammo and other sporting goods.